- Special Phases or Expressions normally said by people.
- Religious way of speech
- against the clock running out of time
- A leopard cannot change its spots. People can’t change who they are; people don’t change.
- Cut corners. completing something poorly to save money
- pulling your leg playing a joke or teasing someone
- See eye to eye. agreeing on something
- a penny for your thoughts asking what someone is thinking about
- heard it through the grapevine hearing gossip or talk from others
- fixed in your ways not willing to change the way things are normally done
- cup of joe cup of coffee
- feeling under the weather feeling sick
- a dime a dozen common; regular
- a piece of cake simple to do; easy
- Get over it. Stop letting something bother you.
- It’s anyone’s call. A very close or tight competition; anyone could win.
- You crack me up. You make me laugh.